Maven Standard Directory Layout to Java Web Archive Layout..
SourceThis is my source in Maven Standard Directory Layout:
TargetThis is what the Web Archive Layout for the same project ends up in:
DiscussionThis is confusing and I am like..
- The META-INF under webapp folder ends up in root level.
- This META-INF folder is NOT on the application classpath.
- You cannot use the ClassLoader to obtain resources in this directory.
- The META-INF under main/resources ends up in WEB-INF/classes
- This META-INF folder IS on the application classpath.
- Some Java EE components specify files that belong in this directory, for example: JPA specifies: persistence.xml